Wednesday 16 September 2015

RUID志木料理 - Cooking in Shiki #1

So cooking in RUID Shiki (my dorm) is a little difficult because we only have a hot plate, no oven. But I love cooking, so it's just giving me more room to experiment really. Today, I made chicken fried in crisps with cashew nuts and here is a recipe.

disclaimer: this is in no way healthy so don't blame me if you get a heart attack from it.

WHATCHE NEED
you can buy all the ingredients in Big A, the discount supermarket next to the dorm.


  • Chicken breast(s)
  • Eggs (1-3 depending on how much chicken you're frying)
  • Cooking oil (I use canola because it has lower saturated fat than most other oils)
  • Crisps (I used hot chilli ones but any flavour will do)
  • Cashew nuts
  • Sesame seeds (not pictured)
  • (optional) onions or any veg you want to add flavour and crunch
First, beat your egg(s) in a bowl with a little bit of water.
In a separate bowl, crush your crisps until they're tiny and powdery.

Slice your chicken up and dip them in the egg a couple of times, then coat them in your crisp batter as much as you can.
Fry the battered chicken in hot oil for 8-10 minutes with the cashew nuts, until the chicken is cooked through.
(I fried some onion bits as well at this point.)
Sprinkle some seeds on top for presentation and flavour.

Serve & enjoy~

ENJOY FRIENDS XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment